Honoring the Unbreakable Bond Between Vietnam Veterans
When duty called, they answered. Some were drafted, others enlisted. It didn’t matter where they came from or how they got there, none of them could imagine what waited for them on the other side of the world. Together they fought against a relentless enemy in an unforgiving country. Some were wounded, some became prisoners of war, and others paid the ultimate price. In Vietnam, boys became men, men became warriors, and warriors became brothers. They built a bond of brotherhood that will never be broken.
Today, we honor the members of this exclusive American brotherhood that stood together in service to America by introducing the “Brothers Forever™ Vietnam Tribute Pistol.” This historic Tribute is a working Colt® Government Model® Pistol in caliber .45 ACP and is decorated by craftsmen commissioned for the Tribute in sparkling 24-karat gold artwork on a nickel-embellished slide. Issued in a limited edition of 1,000 Tributes, this handsome presentation firearm captures the legendary loyalty, courage, and camaraderie of all the proud Americans who fought in Vietnam.
A Brotherhood Forged by Fire
In any war, those in combat situations quickly learn that the men you fight beside are men you must trust. For those in Vietnam, every firefight was intensified by unbearable heat, impossibly thick jungle, chest-deep mud, and swarms of mosquitoes. In such difficult circumstances, it was encouraging to know you were not alone- you had each other. They trained together, fought together, and bled together. They suffered and celebrated together. Their bond was forged in fire.
Under fire, men became brothers. Today when Vietnam Veterans gather at reunions, they share a bond that most of us will never know. Feelings. Stories. Secrets. Special moments. The true meaning of survival. And even though the war is part of history, they know what it’s like to trust their life to the man beside them and be willing to lay theirs on the line for their brothers.
– Iconic scenes of Americans serving in combat are set among stylized banners and powerful symbols from the war. The handsome faux ivory grips complement the 24-karat gold artwork on the beautiful nickel-embellished slide.
– The left side of the slide features banners reading, “None Could Have Done It Better” and “Brothers Forever,” set among familiar scenes of warriors serving in Vietnam against a towering forest of bamboo. Bamboo is common in Vietnam and was included as a symbol of Vietnam on the Vietnam Service Medal which was awarded to those who served.
— The center image features a group of warriors standing together. The man on the far left is carrying a portable radio and the soldier in the center carries a M60 machine gun slung over his shoulder. The image to the right features a fellow soldier attending an injured warrior. You didn’t have to be a medic to support a fallen comrade. In tough situations, friendship, loyalty, and words of encouragement could keep hope alive.
– The right side of the slide features two soldiers aiding a wounded comrade while another covers their backs with his M-16. The image captures the strength of a unit working as one. In the heat of battle men depend on each other. It’s a special trust that only veterans can fully understand. There is no room for distractions.
— One banner reads: “All Gave Some, Some Gave All.” This is a solemn tribute to the more than 58,000 men and women who lost their lives in Vietnam. Today, they live on in the photographs, stories, memories of family members, and all of those who returned from Vietnam.
– The phrase “Ours Was A Noble Cause,” comes from a powerful speech given by President Ronald Reagan. His words remind us that behind all the politics, controversy, and confusion, there were young American men at war fighting in defense of freedom and fighting for their lives.
– Each side features banners that read “Lest We Forget,” along with powerful icons familiar to any Vietnam Veteran. One features a set of dog tags, the gleaming metal identification tags of those who served in America’s military, and a pair of empty combat boots.
Honoring Those Who Served in Vietnam
Few generations have faced a more daunting challenge than those who fought in Southeast Asia. When the nation called, they answered. They didn’t hesitate to put their lives on the line and give everything in defense of freedom. As a nation, we owe them a tremendous amount of appreciation.
Today, we all know veterans who served in Vietnam. Maybe you served, or your connection is through another family member, friend, neighbor, or co-worker. Either way, we are all connected to a generation of American heroes. Our country called and they answered. Together, they were pushed to the limit and gave their last full measure. Individually, they were young men far from home. Together, they were a formidable force proudly serving our country in the Vietnam War.
Each Brothers Forever™ Vietnam Tribute Pistol is a fully functional, Colt® Government Model® Pistol. This classic American firearm is widely considered one of the best pistols ever made. The incomparable Colt .45 became America’s official service handgun in 1911 and remained the faithful pistol of America’s Armed Forces throughout the greatest military campaigns of the 20th century, and continues in use today.
Optional Display Case
-An optional, high-quality, Display Case is also available. The locking glass lid protects against dust and unauthorized handling. The glass lid locks with a brass key, and the case liner is custom-contoured to securely hold your pistol in place.
Secure Your Tribute to Those Who Served
With the Colt .45, Vietnam Veterans share a connection with generations of American fighting men who came before them. With its flat slide and virtually indestructible design, the Colt .45 proved itself virtually unstoppable in Vietnam, even under the toughest battlefield conditions. The Colt .45 was born for combat. As tough as the swamps, jungles, and rice paddies were in Vietnam, this pistol proved itself even tougher. To this day, it occupies a position of respect unparalleled in the world of military firearms.
The Brothers Forever™ Vietnam Tribute Pistol is issued in an exclusive limited edition of only 1,000 Tributes, available exclusively from America Remembers. Each pistol is individually numbered and accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity. We will arrange delivery through the licensed firearms dealer of your choice. As always, you will receive the Brothers Forever Vietnam Tribute Pistol with our 30-day guarantee of satisfaction. If you are not completely satisfied, you may return your Tribute to us in original, unfired condition for a complete and courteous refund. The Brothers Forever™ Vietnam Tribute Pistol is a magnificent salute to those who served in Vietnam, and the camaraderie they developed with fellow brothers-in-arms during their time in Vietnam. Order your Brothers Forever™ Vietnam Tribute to secure your place in this edition honoring all who proudly served in Vietnam.
Since the “Brothers Forever Tribute Pistol” is a working Colt® .45 pistol, we will arrange delivery through a licensed firearms dealer of your choice. (Not available in California, Maryland or Massachusetts)
I wish to reserve the “Brothers Forever Tribute Pistol”, a working Colt .45 pistol, at the current issue price of $1,995.* Each Tribute is numbered within the edition limit of 1,000, and is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity. Thirty-day return privilege.
Please charge my credit card a deposit of $195 per pistol. I will pay the balance at the rate of $100 per month, with no interest or carrying charge.
* All orders are subject to acceptance and credit verification prior to shipment. Sales tax is required in certain states and will be added. Shipping and handling will be added to each order. Virginia residents please add sales tax.